TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Engine Stalls at Idle after Hicas Elimination?
People Seeking Info

Subject Engine Stalls at Idle after Hicas Elimination?

Posted by Sidewinder007 on April 17, 2016 at 5:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 365 times.

Message Hi All,
So I started my Hicas Elimination a little over a year ago and just now completed it (had some personal stuff come up and didn't have time to work on the car). The car worked fine before the Hicas elimination (converted to NA power steering), however the car has sat for a year or so. I also changed the oil since the car sat so long.

I just put her back together and started her up. She idles very rough (the whole car shakes), there is an engine tick, and the engine stalls if I rev the engine up and then let off the gas. Sometimes it will just stall during idle without revving it up. Not sure if these are all separate issues or all have the same cause.

I have checked all of the connectors and all hoses. All appear in good condition and still connected. I disconnected all of the connectors and reconnected, no corrosion or damaged connectors.

I plan on checking the TPS and the AAC/IACV, however I am wondering what else I should put on my "potential issues" list.

I thought maybe a cylinder wasn't firing, but don't think that would cause the engine to stall, would it?

Thanks for any and all help in advance!
John

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.